NWWCLC Delegate Meeting
· Flag Salute
· Called to order by President Michele Stelovich at 18:10hrs
· Minutes – moved, seconded and approved by body
o ATU 843 (New Delegates)
· Al Walcott
· Jason Tobin
· Jim Kneeland
o LiUNA 292 (New Delegate)
· Charles (Adam) Lambe
o IAMAW 2379
· Adds Zachariah L. Griffith
· Removes Eric Lewis and Bob Jones
o Sec Treasurer Chris Johnson presents financials as of 01-17-18 meeting
· Motion to approve financials
§ Moved, seconded, and approved by body.
· New Business
o Upcoming Janus Decision & Right to Work Summit February 5, 10am-6pm
· Pres Stelovich presents information regarding summit
o WSLC Legislative and Lobbying Conference February 1st and 2nd.
· Karl de Jong will not be able to attend and was one of the original delegates
· Discussion ensues to fill spot – Chris Johnson will go in his place
o Blue Green Waterfront Coalition
· Betsy Pernotto reports on recent meeting with the BGWC.
· Meeting with Port and City regarding changes of the retired GP property
· There was an open house at the granary today, well attended
o H2A Workers & Food System Sustainability
· 2 workshops being put on Jan 25
· Reflecting working conditions for the guest worker Feb 15th
· Discussion regarding radio program and other support for H2A workers topic
o Firefighters Retirement LEOFF
· Melillo and Zach Rushing present history of LEOFF pension system fight.
§ Discussion ensues regarding Port FF’s progress in working with port commissioners to get FF’s recognized and accepted into LEOFF (Law Enforcement Officer and Firefighters) pension system.
o Firefighter’s RFA
· Melillo presents the future ballot item regarding Bellingham RFA
§ Discussion and questions ensues regarding topics.
§ Local Firefighters have not chosen to support or oppose the plan as of yet.
o Safe and Sick Leave Initiative
· Michele asks group for any proposals and methods for new control measures in place.
· Discussion regarding ideas and issues ensues
o Housing Cost Control
· Michele discusses rent and housing cost control and how it is affecting relocation of employees.
· Bellingham Neighborhood Coalition discussed
o Skagit Work Group
· Janet McKinney reports on SWG
· Sedro Woolley school district Bond meeting January 24th, due Feb 4th?
· $80m bond amount
· Motion and 2nd: E-board has authorization to make an endorsement of the bond after recommendation from IBEW, Laborers, Operators.
§ Motion passes
· Janet Reports Maru Mora-Villalpando Organizer and immigrant rights activist with C2C (Community to Communit), who has been the lead on H2A, Familias, and NW Detention Center – received a notice to appear before the immigration court, which is a precursor to deportation.
§ Petition out to support her case, members are encouraged to seek out petition and lend support.
o Old Buisness
· Michele reports that she is still working on white paper regarding community workforce agreement.
§ Requests more supported time to work on the paper.
§ Motion to provide 2 days lost time for Michele to work.
· Moved, seconded, and approved by body
o Good and Welfare:
· Melillo reports Brother Neil Carlberg has passed
§ A moment of silence is observed
· Women’s March this Saturday!
§ Openings in Sedro Woolley council, school board
· Karl de Jong in home resting after deep vein thrombosis surgery
· John Manson continuing to recover, on dialysis
o Motion to adjourn, 2nd, motion carries
· Adjourned 1950hrs.